Personal Interstitial Final

I had a lot of fun making this and exploring techniques in Aftereffects. Although I didn't use the particle flare effect that I tried out in the first post, I'm glad I got more experience with lots of different techniques. For this video I used a background that I made in photoshop and uses transparency and Kaleidescope on some of the layers to create a motion background. On the text, I used a lot of effects such as mesh warp, masks, smear, motion blur, and CC force motion blur. 



Here is my second rendition with audio. If I have time in the future, I'd like to go back and make more edits to the transitions at the beginning and end. Maybe I'd add more info about me as a designer and artist as well. I was aiming for a surreal feeling that brought attention to the styles of the animation and the background and how they work together as art pieces. I was definitely influenced by my favorite literary series, Sandman and the illustrator Dave Mckean. 

Comments

  1. I really like your patterns and textures happening in the background
    I think my only suggestion would be a different movement path for the type

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chill vibes that this interstitial gives me are so nice and relaxing. For some reason it reminds me of a spa...? Only suggestion: it needs some music (I think Ed already mentioned that).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts